Sunday, January 29, 2006

The Scythe of The Corinthian

[(Ô_°)] Este es un cuento que se me ocurrió a las 7:30 AM mientras manejaba de regreso a mi casa.

Whilst I observed unruffled the damage caused by the flames she imprecated against the empty house, I wondered in all the means that were my own to achieve vindication. Took off my sunglasses and stared at the injury with no eyes filled with anger. These harms will not be left unpaid. The losses will never be forgotten.

So then I woke up. Still cold. For in that season the chill would be stronger that I’d foreseen; and my house was then a pile of ashes. My throat hurt as if I’d been shouting again. The head went back and forth as it grew with the blood stream. Reached to the door, but the steel was still hot and couldn’t open it. Sat there, outside under the dim sunlight that glimpsed in between the smoke columns. Looked again to my right palm, and found there a thin red line that grew with the pulse. This burn-mark filled my thoughts with crimson and steel. Of scythes, knives, handles, anything that could harm hot and leave a scar. A fat bulky one.

I never felt so surrounded of patience in my entire life as in that early hour. Finally, the smoke columns were gone into thin black threads. So I came in, in order to search for any survivor in between the ashes. Went upstairs and found my tin with cigarettes. Ten unscarred white and skinny boys. Lit one and continued the search.

The night arrived again and I was in front of the black bar gate, staring at the wall while the streetlight came in and out several times. Few could-be-witnesses passed to and fro, careless of what should I be doing in there. Maybe the spell worked or my presence was of no relevance.

The light went out for the eleventh or twelfth time and I thrust myself against the wall, climbing as I did thrice before. When my feet stomped over the first rooftop, my conscience assaulted me with a thought of grievance. The correctness of my doings was in trial, and many questions cascaded, but the only answer possible was uttered almost in a whisper, “Indeed, in my fashion, it is part of my prowess.”

Tangled myself through the rooftops with a carefulness I lacked the past three times I walked that path in the darkness, besides, I knew it almost by heart. At the time I arrived to the desired rooftop, the streetlight turned on, taking me off my balance in nervousness. My feet stumbled and drew my body down, falling over the small shed in front of her room’s window. My chest stroke against the corner of the concrete roof pulling my breathe away, the whiplash movement of my head threw the sunshades off my head. The adrenaline made my right arm to stretch almost involuntarily and grabbed the shades. Wore them on again and waited till the light came out and my breathe came back again.


Knelt in front of the window, moved swiftly the flytrap protection, just to find that the window was closed. All the silent moves were in vain, it was necessary to strike the window frame to open it.
“Fuckit, you didn’t came up to here to drawback because of the upsetting detail”
Hit the frame and the lock popped out. She listened and woke up. Through the shades could see her sitting in her bed and staring at the shadow at her window. Slide the crystal and with no caution of silence, slipped into. Ran towards her in order to shut her with my left. Indeed there was no need of it. She was muted. She knew it was me.
“Hush, everything will be fine. Let’s enjoy this dark silence that protects us from your parents.”
Took my left hand out of her face and kissed her while my right disposed of all the trenches that kept me off her skin.
- Take those shades off, please. I want to see your eyes.
- Shush, no!
Pulled my right hand off of her clothes and pushed it over her mouth, almost choking her. . Her hands nailed my back, trying to cluster me in a prison of scars. Her eyes were filled with a curious blend of despair and desire that I’d never seen. She wanted me to get in. And so I did. Came into just to catch the warm feeling and draw back. Maybe hoping that I might get inside again, she took my shades off. Her eyes flooded and opened widely when she saw my devouring stare. Her hands tried to push my shoulders off of her, but I was already decided to take advantage of my position. Gripped her lips and the whole flesh and bone around them with wrath, moved my left hand downwards, searching in between the cloth of my pants. Found the package I brought, and immediately unwrapped the knife. Drove it slowly inside her sex until I could see in her eyes that she had felt the blade. Her eyelids squirted all the teardrops off her eyes. Her jaw was trembling. I could feel her muted throat try to utter something. Pushed the blade and her eyes opened.



See
No
Evil.

umf 6:55 PM

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home